My name is Beatrix Buchinger, I am married and the mother of three children: Isabel & Julia by my side and Oliver in my heart.
I joined the heart team at Herzkinder Österreich in May 2016 and offer support and guidance for bereaved parents who had to say goodbye to their heart child. Having been in the same situation, I know what it is like and I understand what you are going through. I also carry a child in my heart that no longer walks beside me. I remember the endless hours spent in hospital and the endless hours of worry, uncertainty and fear. Our Oliver was not a heart child, but he still had to leave us too soon.
We feel blessed that Oliver came into our lives and that we were able to be with him and look after him for 14 months. Every day and every moment with him was a cherished gift. I speak from experience when I say that talking to other heart families and bereaved parents, sharing your story with someone who understands and who doesn’t judge you or your situation in any way, can be a great place of much needed comfort and solace.
If you are preparing to say goodbye or have had to say goodbye – I am here for you!
- To support you as you prepare to say goodbye
- To help you with practical arrangements at the funeral home
- To support you in planning the funeral
- To offer a safe space to talk – What comes next?
- Join our weekend for mourning parents (once a year)
- Financial support (funeral, transferring the body…) - please contact us for further informations